Alberta Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Hunt Info
Come hunt Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep in some of the most spectacular and pristine Bighorn Sheep country in North America. You will enjoy the rugged and beautiful wilderness along Banff and Jasper National Parks as well as the Cadomin Mine. If you are tired of waiting to draw a tag or just want to experience a truly special hunt and adventure, this Alberta Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep hunt will not disappoint.
- Duration: 14 day hunts
- Guided 1×1 (can add extra spotters for additional cost)
- Hunt dates: Sept 1-14 -Sept 17-30 October 2-15
- Price: $45,000 plus tags and license (approx $600) plus 2.5% tax on hunt price.
- Travel – You will either fly into Calgary or Edmonton where the Outfitter will meet up with you.
- Airport pick up and drop off included
- Success Rate: 75-80% (biggest factor affecting success is hunters showing up out of shape, quitting early or not capable of shooting out to 500 yards).
Style of Hunt
This hunt is really good as a horse back hunt but if the hunter wants to do a backpack hunt, the Outfitter can do that just as easily. No matter which style of hunt you do, this hunt requires patience, physical fitness and mental toughness. The more prepared you are the more you will enjoy this hunt.
The Outfitter has two sheep areas. One area borders Banff National park and Jasper National Park. It is about a 3 hour drive north west of Calgary Alberta. The second area borders Jasper National Park and Cadomin mines. It is about a 4 hour drive west of Edmonton Alberta. Both of these areas have great genetics and potential to produce world class rams.
So long as hunters show up in shape and committed to stick it out for the full 14 days they can expect about 75-80% odds of having a successful hunt.
Meals and Lodging
One of the perks of Bighorn Sheep hunting with an Outfitter who has horses is the food. Instead of living off freeze dried meals for 14 days, you can expect that 90% of your meals will be fresh made food. Outfitter will use freeze dried meals for spiking out if needed.
Camps are typically wall tents and/or cabins. Majority of the camps have generators
Call or email to get more info on this or any of our other world class hunts: email – email@example.com ph: 509.679.0225