2019 Hunting Resources and Gear
Fall hunting season is in full swing so if you have already been out or are getting ready for an upcoming hunt, I wanted to share some resources and gear recommendations that will help your 2019 Hunting season be as successful as possible.
Hunting Resources and Hunting Gear
Here are some links to some worth while hunting videos, information and Hunting Products I have personally used and recommend.
- Phelps Game Calls Hunting Videos – Entertaining and an opportunity to watch and learn from a world class elk caller- https://phelpsgamecalls.com/videos/
- Phelps Game Calls – Do yourself a favor and give these calls a try, they are my go to call, they produce excellent sounds and are easy to use. https://phelpsgamecalls.com/products/
- Elk Nut Elk Hunting Seminar – Click Here to Watch Excellent seminar on when and why to use different styles of elk calling. It doesn’t matter if you are a newbie or a veteran elk hunter, I guarantee you will learn something new.
- How to use OnX to find and hunt elk – Click Here to Read If you use OnX this is a great article on how to leverage the power of OnX to find and hunt elk.
- Moose Hunting Guide – Click Here to Read Overview on all the different options and price ranges for different moose hunts.
- New Zealand Free Range Red Stag Hunting – Click Here to Learn More If you are looking for a challenging, yet high success hunt in the wilds of New Zealand you need to check this out. I am super excited to be offering these hunts, as it gives hunters an opportunity to really experience the backcountry of New Zealand while chasing large free range Red Stags.
- Stone Glacier Packs – World Class Equipment – Click Here Stone Glacier has been my go to pack for the last 5 years, I promise you won’t regret investing in their bullet proof and super comfortable pack system.
- Viam Silver Infused Synthetic Game Bags – Click Here , You owe it to your animal to invest in these game bags, especially if you do any warm weather hunting, as the silver infused bags help inhibit bacteria growth, while the material itself is highly breathable allowing the meat to cool.
- Kenetrek Boots – for the trail less traveled – SAS Approved Click Here I have used a lot of different boots over the years and Kenetrek Boots have become one of my staples, they perform great in all conditions, their K-Talon Outsoles provide tremendous traction as well as wear. Best of all their customer service is outstanding.
- Kuiu – I have been using Kuiu around the world in all kinds of conditions, be it Spring Coastal Brown Bear in Alaska, Marco Polo in Nov in Kyrygyzstan, Cape Buffalo in Africa or Elk in Idaho. Their gear works and lets you hunt as hard and as long as you want. Visit Kuiu
- Radical Archery Designs – If you are a bow hunter and prefer fixed blade broadheads, make sure to check out these 100% Made in the USA broadheads. I have been using them for the last 4 years and the last 3 bulls I have shot with them haven’t gone further than 60 yards after the shot. Visit RAD Here
- Vortex Optics – I just got done doing a side by side comparison of the new Vortex Razor HDs along and Swarovski Els, and I have to tell you I was blown away, as I could barely tell the difference between them, other than the Swarovski’s had slightly better low light performance. So if you don’t have the budget for Swarovkis, give Vortex a try I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Vortex Optics
If you need help with Gear, Optics, Hunt Planning or Booking Your Next Adventure Don’t hesitate to call or text Shad at 509-679-0225