15 Day Tajikistan Marco Polo Hunt
Marco Polo hunting in Tajikistan is very physically challenging but very rewarding as Tajikistan is home to some of the biggest rams on the planet, with hunters having a real opportunity to find and harvest a 60″+ ram. You need to be an experienced mountain hunter if you plan on tackling a Tajikistan Marco Polo hunt. You need to bring an Iridium Satellite phone, along with an InReach and Western Mountain style hunting equipment (i.e. Sitka, Kuiu).
The organizer we work with has some of his own vehicles (Toyota Land Cruisers) in country and has outfitted the local Outfitters with high quality Western hunting equipment on most hunts. The local outfitters are reliable and experienced who provide solid local guides, assistants, cooks, vehicles, horses, camps, food, lodging and interpreter (one per camp). They will acquire your licenses/tags/permits and Russian CITES, and they are politically well connected.
I can also arrange to have a US or Canadian, experienced hunting guide (all of whom have been involved with numerous successful sheep hunts in North America or abroad) to accompany you in additional to the local guides. This isn’t a requirement, but is highly encouraged if you are looking to take a 60″+ ram.
Trucks will be used but hunting is primarily spot and stalk so you need to be prepared to hike at high elevation. Spot and Stalk Marco Polo hunting allows you/us to judge rams with the spotting scopes, before committing to making the final stalk. Hunters typically see many animals on Marco Polo hunts, including Ibex.
We will put hunters in the best areas to try and meet their hunting goals and physical abilities. Due to the difficulty and longer distances (250-550 yards) of the rifle shots required, many hunters end up missing shots. I highly recommend taking a professional shooting course prior to your hunt so that you have the skills necessary to effectively use your rifle and scope with custom reticle and/or turret so you don’t miss your dream ram.
GET TRAVEL INSURANCE – WE ARE A GLOBAL RESCUE SAFE TRAVEL PARTNER AND CAN GET A QUOTE FOR YOU
- Season – September – February
- Hunt Style – Spot and Stalk – Land Cruisers/Horses/Backpack.
- Fitness Level – High level physical requirement, hunting at high elevation.
- Weapons – Archery | Muzzleloader | Rifle – Rifle is preferred, Archery & Muzzleloader hunters need to be prepared for long days and high potential of going home empty handed.
- Trophy Quality – 54-58″ Rams on average, 60″+ possible
- Additional Species – Mid-Asian Ibex, Wolf
- Hunt Includes – Airport pick up and drop off, license, tags, permits, Cites, Vet Cert, food, lodging, guiding and transportation during hunt.
- Not Included – Travel to and from home and Dushanbe, export costs, shipping, Taxidermy, Food and Lodging before and after hunt, U.S. or Canadian Guide