Hunt the biggest Brown Bears on the Planet!
If you are looking for a high success Alaska Peninsula Brown Bear hunt with solid odds of locating a 10ft bear, this Unit 9 Brown Bear hunt may be the ticket.
Unit 9 on the Alaska Peninsula has alternating hunting seasons with Spring in even years and fall in odd years. This Outfitter is not inexpensive, but he has a phenomenal area, with high bear density, legit opportunity for 10ft plus bears and he allows you hunt the entire season.
You will fly from Anchorage to Chignik where you will meet up with the Outfitter. Then depending on which hunt you elect to do, you will either get settled in at the B&B he rents, or get your gear sorted then jump in the super cub for transport to the field. If you are looking for 10ft plus the fly out hunt will have the best odds. If you are an archery hunter the fall town hunt is phenomenal as the area you hunt across the lake can only be hunted by this Outfitter and has a stellar salmon run, so it is not uncommon to make 1-2 stalks per day.
On the fly out hunts, you will be staying in a tent camp and eating primarily freeze dried meals to keep food smells down, as this area has a ton of bears. You can expect to spend hours glassing for the right bear, but once located you need to be able to make a rapid stalk across the tundra and be able to climb the surrounding mountainsides to get in position.
The town hunts will have you using a boat to cross the lake and then be hiking to glassing locations to watch for bears either on the river or eating grass on the surrounding hillsides.
- Hunt Style – Town or Fly In
- Fitness Level – The better shape you are in the easier it will be to go after a big bear if you have to hustle and cover ground. Overall this hunt requires a moderate level of fitness
- Weapons – Archery | Muzzleloader | Rifle
- Trophy Quality – 9-10ft Plus
- Additional Species – Wolf, Outfitter also has tremendous Moose hunts in this same area.
- Hunt Includes – Bush flights, native access fee, food, lodging, guiding, field care of trophies
- Not Included – Tags, license, tips, travel to and from home and Chignik, Taxidermy, Shipping, Food and Lodging before and after hunt
S.A.S is a Global Rescue Safe Travel Partner and highly encourages you to purchase trip insurance for all Alaska and International Hunts. We can help you get a quote to insure your next hunting adventure.